Onyx Engineering, Inc., (Onyx) is a Texas-based multi-discipline engineering services company, registered with the Texas Board of Professional Engineers under the Firm # F-2149 and also HUB Certified, that provides engineering, technical, and project support services to the refining, petrochemical, pipeline and terminals, power, municipal, and commercial industries. (more)
We are committed to delivering services that bring significant and defined value to our customers. We execute on this commitment by providing innovative, timely and cost-effective solutions.
Some of our recent successes include:
- Over $0.5MM in capital costs saved from our recommendation to configure a new waste water treatment system.
- Over $3MM in operating costs saved from our recommendation to prefabricate equipment with refractory to allow single weld assembly in field saving more than 3 T/A days from critical path
- Over $500,000 in annual energy costs saved by debugging the controls of a multi-tier steam system during the course of scope development
- Over $250,000 in capital costs saved from our recommendation to convert existing out-of-service piping into in-service piping, thereby eliminating the installation of 1.5 miles of new piping
- Over $2MM in capital costs saved by implementing process improvements in solvent and stripping technology to an existing extraction technology
- Over $150,000 per year in energy and maintenance costs saved by retaining us to replace obsolete eddy current drives with state of the art variable speed drives
Pipelines and Terminals
- Over $150,000 in capital costs saved by our recommendation to utilize displacement auger technology for cast-in-place pile installation
- Onyx created significant reductions in demurrage by developing the optimal use of a terminal transfer unit and rearranging terminal utilization based on market driven factors. This lead to a full rationalization of terminal utilization and subsequent preparation of the terminal for on-line blending.
- Onyx .5MM in savings by estimate preportaion, detailed engineering and designing of an expansion to a truck rack loading facility for all grades of motor gasolines and ULS diesel fuel. Relocation of existing pumps along with foundations, power and instrumentation for new equipment was required.